segunda-feira, 21 de setembro de 2009

Would YOU be good? - Conditional

This post goes specially to my Inter 6 students (Harold, Babi, Thuthu, Yasmin, Rudolph and Mary), but you all can answer the questions in the "Comment" link. They've just learned unreal/improbable conditionals (also called second conditional or second if-clause), so I'll offer this beautiful song to them. It's called "That I Would Be Good", by Alanis Morissette.



Lyrics:

That I would be good even if I did nothing
That I would be good even if I got the thumbs down
That I would be good if I got and stayed sick
That I would be good even if I gained ten pounds

That I would be fine even even if I went bankrupt
That I would be good if I lost my hair and my youth
That I would be great if I was no longer queen
That I would be grand if I was not all knowing

That I would be loved even when I numb myself
That I would be good even when I was overwhelmed
That I would be loved even when I was fuming
That I would be good even if I was clingy

That I would be good even if I lost sanity
That I would be good
Whether with or without you


Glossary:

thumbs down:
Literally,

It means "to be desapproved and/or rejected".
gain 10 pounds: To get fatter.
to go bankrupt: To lose all your money.
numb: deprived of physical sensation or the ability to move; indifferent.
overwhelmed: to deal with more that you are capable of.
fuming: to smoke
clingy: pathetically possessive of someone, usually a significant other.

Now, I'd like you guys to answer some questions in the Comments:

1- Would you feel good even if you did something bad and got thumbs down from your friends?
2- How would you feel if you got and stayed sick with swine flu?
3- Would you feel good even if you gained a lot of kilos?
4- What would be worse: to go bankrupt or losing the love of your life?
5- How would you feel if you lost your hair?
6- Do you sometimes feel overwhelmed? With what?

I'm waiting for your answers.
Have a nice week you all!

xxx,
teacher Bel

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário